Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another good day

The bake sale was a success, again. This week I netted $60 for my 3-Day account. Here is a picture of what the bake sale looks like:

After work, I went to my friend Janie's house. We put together some gifts to give to our stitch group this weekend at retreat. They are pop-top cans that Janie opened from the bottom, using one of those can openers that leaves clean edges. She cleaned out the cans and we filled them with some quilting goodies -- a fat quarter, some pins, a tube to hold pins and some chocolate! Then we decorated the cans and glued the bottoms back on. Our friends will have to pop the top of the can to open it and see what is inside! we thought they turned out pretty cute.

2 comments:

Sheryle said...

I already know this, but am still amazed at how creative you are! Really good looking things you made for your retreat. Have fun.

Sheryle

Beth said...

What a great idea! I love clever packaging...now I just need to think of something clever to give!