Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm a speaker!

Tonight I was asked to speak at a meeting of Delta Kappa Gamma of Ellis County. This is a sorority of women educators. I have never really been a public speaker, but I felt like it went pretty well. The subject was "Memory Quilts" so I spoke a little bit about how I started quilting. Then I talked about my business. I took some of my quilts to show, including my photo quilt and a couple of applique quilts I have done (Christmas and Texas Our Texas). I took two additional quilts, one was the one that I did for my dad when he was going through his chemo treatments. I had my brother, sister and nieces and nephews write something to my dad on a block and I assembled them into a quilt. I also took the quilt that Janie made for me with blocks written by friends and family. People seemed to be interested and enjoyed the program. Thanks to Delta Kappa Gamma for inviting me!

No comments: